Can you help me identify the Breed

catbrunson

Hatching
Oct 6, 2015
I received 2 of these chicks in an order of Buff Orpingtons and White Rocks but I'm not sure what they are. I hoping someone out there will help me identify the breed. I'm thinking Silver Laced Wyandottes maybe but not convinced.

Can anyone help? Thanks so much.

Last edited:
Hi, welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

How old is that cockerel?

One of my Wyandottes from a hatchery has a straight come but I think rose comb is the norm. Maybe a silver penciled rock or something.

Crossbred cockerel. Likely a Delaware cross, possibly out of Columbian Rock. Definently not a pure breed. Might send McMurray a pic and see what they say.

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

I'd also send a pic to MMM and ask what's up. He doesn't look to fit any of the breeds I know from there. I guess he could be a slow growing meat bird, but they don't list any but the Red Rangers. I don't think he's a True Blue, although I guess he could be as hey can look like pretty much anything. I've not seen that pattern, though.

MMM doesn't carry Exchequers. Not a Brahma, they have pea combs and feathered legs. Not a Wyandotte, should have rose comb (although could have a straight), and the color is not laced.

Be interesting to see what they say he is.

Back
Top Bottom