Can you help me to identify?

Chickencrazy2018

Chirping
Jan 30, 2018
West Virginia
Hi guys!
So about 4 months ago I got my first flock of Chickens from a woman my husband worked for (handyman services). She was moving and wanted to give us the chickens she didn't want. We got 5 in total, 4 hens and 1 rooster. All we was told was that they are supposed to be yearlings.
No breed information was given.
My husband believes our Rooster is a Rhode Island Red, is this true?

Thank you guys in advance, it's much appreciated.

P.S. I have yet to identify the hens. All but 1 lay brown eggs. 1 lays a blue egg. I thought maybe easter Egger but no shades of green or anything. Always a light baby blue. Possibly a cross.

Attachments

• 20180319_160332.jpg
    20180319_160332.jpg
    623.9 KB · Views: 19
Hi guys!
So about 4 months ago I got my first flock of Chickens from a woman my husband worked for (handyman services). She was moving and wanted to give us the chickens she didn't want. We got 5 in total, 4 hens and 1 rooster. All we was told was that they are supposed to be yearlings.
No breed information was given.
My husband believes our Rooster is a Rhode Island Red, is this true?

Thank you guys in advance, it's much appreciated.

P.S. I have yet to identify the hens. All but 1 lay brown eggs. 1 lays a blue egg. I thought maybe easter Egger but no shades of green or anything. Always a light baby blue. Possibly a cross.
Definitely not a Rhode Island Red. Possibly a Brown Leghorn but I’m not sure. Post pictures of the hens and we can help you identify the breeds you have. @Gray Farms will be able to help

Last edited:
He's a Brown Leghorn. And Easter Eggers don't lay a different color everyday. Each hen will only ever lay one color of egg. The easter egger name means that you can have 5 Easter Egger hens, and each one will lay their own color, all different from each other.

Oh ok thank you! I did not know that! I am knew to the colored eggs that are out there. I really appreciate your information . :)

Back
Top Bottom