Can you help me with my new chicks?

Brenda Vause

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 4, 2012

This does not look like the Rhose Island Reds that we have... Is it a RIR?

What type of cochin is Lemon Drop? We haven't seen any on the sites that look like this.

Wha type of cochin is Chirp?

What type of cochin is Candi? She is a slow developer with her feathers.

This Barred Rock mutt was given to us when right after it had hatched. Can you tell if it is pullet or cock?

Faverolles also have feathered legs, and she certainly is colored like one. But they have the 5 toes. Are you sure they aren't mixes? Though Candi may be a partridge. I've seen cochin chicks that color but I've forgotten what color they turn into.

Well, I don't think they would be mixes because we got them from a feed store that bought them from Ideal. They ordered the assorted colors box of cochins. They order new ones every couple of weeks. Do you think the chicken hatcheries would send mixes?

Anyway, I think Chirp is a gold laced, Candi a partridge, Lemon Drop maybe a buff. As for the RIR, there are so many red birds - RIR, production red, red sex link, NH red - it's hard to tell all the hatchery reds apart.

Do RIR sometimes have those designs on their wings like that? And she is so light colored with green all around her eyes. the 2 month old RIR we have are very rich in color and always were. We think she is pretty anyways lol.

We are about to load up some blue chicks we got from a flea market... maybe you will know what they are? lol

Back
Top Bottom