can you identify my lil red hens’ breeds?

yieldmaximalist

Hatching
Jan 31, 2024
i got a flock of rare/standard chicks delivered, still trying to figure out what these ladies are. any ideas?
IMG_8981.jpeg
i have 5 that look the exact same, although 3 have what appears to be pea combs and the others are a tad more pronounced and look like single combs. the photo above illustrates two comb differences next to each other.

here are two others with pea combs as well:

IMG_8984.jpeg

wasn’t able to snag a shot of the other hen with the single comb, but she’s identical to the one in the first photo. i have such a hard time telling them apart, and not knowing for sure what they are is killing me at 10 weeks in.

i got a flock of rare/standard chicks delivered, still trying to figure out what these ladies are. any ideas?
View attachment 3738443 i have 5 that look the exact same, although 3 have what appears to be pea combs and the others are a tad more pronounced and look like single combs. the photo above illustrates two comb differences next to each other.

here are two others with pea combs as well:

View attachment 3738446
wasn’t able to snag a shot of the other hen with the single comb, but she’s identical to the one in the first photo. i have such a hard time telling them apart, and not knowing for sure what they are is killing me at 10 weeks in.
I’m not sure but they are beautiful!

They look like Cinnamon Queens, which are a type of red Sex-link. Not rare at all, by the way.
They're produced by breeding RIR Rooster over Silver Laced Wyandotte Hens

Back
Top Bottom