Can you identify these chicks??

[/IMG]

And I see now that I guess they were just all mixed in the bins...

The white one and the two dark ones were in the bin labels araucana. So I guess was just hoping that the white one was some lucky white EE hen

The three striped ones were in the red star(sex link) bin

You might get lucky and that last one might be a white rock. Maybe it's my own lack of coffee, but those wing feathers look peach in color...

Chicks get put back into the wrong bins all the time at feed stores. Sometimes, if there are only about 5 left in a bin, they move them to another bin but don't change the labels. You've really got to know your chicks and what's what when buying feed store chicks. The labels on the bins and the people who work there can't always be trusted.
As for gender of the Easter Eggers, it's too early to tell by looking at them. Odds are that at least one is a boy. Easter Eggers tend to be one breed that is more difficult for hatcheries to accurately vent sex.

It's been two years since I've had chicks. There are two or three chicks right now already at almost 2 weeks old that are jumping up and sorta chest bumping. I remember this from my two previous silkie chicks that were Roos but I don't remember it when they were this little

Back
Top Bottom