Can you identify this comb type and maybe the mixes

nucksnest

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 22, 2014
Boise Idaho

I've seen that type comb on here recently but, duh, can't remember what it was called. I find my brain needs more memory. Don't have a clue about the mixes. But someone coming along probably will. Just hold on.
welcome-byc.gif

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Can you get better pictures of your chicks? Can't see the combs in the pictures quite enough to tell the type for sure, looks like a rosecomb though could be a peacomb near as I can tell, there is a contest going on now for comb pictures, they show each kind, you might be able to match them irl (note if the comb types are mixed ie parents were pea x single, they may not match one type exactly) https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/923871/comb-photo-contests-2014 The middle bird doesn't look quite like either a BR or CM from that picture with the color, there do appear to be saddle feathers coming in which means roo.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Nice flock! Good luck with your flock and welcome to ours!

Can you get better pictures of your chicks? Can't see the combs in the pictures quite enough to tell the type for sure, looks like a rosecomb though could be a peacomb near as I can tell,
Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. X2 on Kelsie2290's request. The comb looks like a rose comb, but the picture is too distant and blurry to be certain. As to the breed of the white bird, it might be a White Wyandotte, but I can't see the leg color (Wyandottes have yellow legs) to be sure. A full body profile of both birds would really help in determining breed and gender. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your birds.

Back
Top Bottom