Can you incubate at 95 degrees 60% humidity?

Quote:

That's good to know I have one coming in the mail this week. Will be sure to to check that since it will be bouncing around a lot during transit. thanks Michele

you will have to put it together... when you tighten the heat circle on the post, (screw) hold it still and tighten the wing nut. it doesnt go on very far, but i didnt have it far enough and it wasnt tight. also, i found the heat holds pretty good on these, they heat up fast and hold the temp. what IS different from an LG is that the LG you barely touch the knob to adjust the heat and these hovabators need about a half full turn.

My problem is I don't know which hygrometer is right.
sad.png
So I wouldn't know what to calibrate it too.
hu.gif

Quote:

Quote:

with the salt method you dont need to calibrate it TO another hygrometer
what you would need is a ziploc plastic bag.. a small container that you can fill with table salt (a jar lid works fine).. you add enough water to the salt to make it like wet sand.. place it and the hygrometer in the plastic bag and zip it closed.. (if the ziploc bag isn't airtight you can place everything into a second bag to make sure)... leave it alone for 24 hours.. after 24 hours it should read 75% if it doesn't then you know how far off it is so you can adjust your readings accordingly

NO, the temp is not high enough for the embryo to grow and thrive. It will start and grow slowly according to one source I've read; but it not the optimal temperature for success. Use 99-100 degrees for forced air incubation.

Hunidity is only important to have the air cell increase in size slowly during the incubation time.

Maybe this would help:
http://sp.uconn.edu/~mdarre/4-hpoultry/helpfulhints.html

Also be sure to read the sticky at the top of the incubation section; load of helpful info there.
I saw this post and I have similar problem. I thought I had a good thermometer, but I must not have. My eggs seemed to be developing well until day 18 when I saw little movement. I found my adjustable thermometer and tried it and it seems the temp has been closer to 95-96 the whole time. It’s day 22 and nothing. Should I toss the eggs try again? I sure don’t want crippled chicks.

I saw this post and I have similar problem. I thought I had a good thermometer, but I must not have. My eggs seemed to be developing well until day 18 when I saw little movement. I found my adjustable thermometer and tried it and it seems the temp has been closer to 95-96 the whole time. It’s day 22 and nothing. Should I toss the eggs try again? I sure don’t want crippled chicks.
It would probably be better if you posted you own thread; you’ll get more responses. People will see this thread is 10 years old and move on.

Back
Top Bottom