Can you incubate Guinea and Chicken eggs at the same time?

Apr 19, 2022
221B Baker Street
So, I had two guinea fowl, Quigley and Cora. Quigley was the hen, Cora the rooster. It just turned out that way. Quigley got eaten by a predator a few days ago, and I have four of her eggs left. I'd like to incubate them with some chicken eggs. I figured maybe my guineas would be nicer if they're raised with chickens (Cora is mean and was nearly full grown when we got him). I know their incubation periods are different in time length, but I can deal with that. Can I hatch chickens and guineas in the incubator together with the same humidity and temperature? I hatch my chickens at 37.5 degrees Celsius. Will the guineas hatch at that temp?

All advice is greatly appreciated,

DTS

*EDIT*
@SilverBirds and @Pyxis, you two are very knowledgeable. You don't happen to have guinea experience, do you?

Last edited:
So, I had two guinea fowl, Quigley and Cora. Quigley was the hen, Cora the rooster. It just turned out that way. Quigley got eaten by a predator a few days ago, and I have four of her eggs left. I'd like to incubate them with some chicken eggs. I figured maybe my guineas would be nicer if they're raised with chickens (Cora is mean and was nearly full grown when we got him). I know their incubation periods are different in time length, but I can deal with that. Can I hatch chickens and guineas in the incubator together with the same humidity and temperature? I hatch my chickens at 37.5 degrees Celsius. Will the guineas hatch at that temp?

All advice is greatly appreciated,

DTS

*EDIT*
@SilverBirds and @Pyxis, you two are very knowledgeable. You don't happen to have guinea experience, do you?
If anyone could answer this in the next couple of hours, that would be ideal.

Beat me to it lol!:)
You can hatch them together. They both need around 50% and 37.5C temp. Set the guinea eggs first and then on their day 7 add the chicken eggs. This way they can go into lockdown at the same time and you won't have to deal with a staggered hatch.

You can hatch them together. They both need around 50% and 37.5C temp. Set the guinea eggs first and then on their day 7 add the chicken eggs. This way they can go into lockdown at the same time and you won't have to deal with a staggered hatch.
Okay, thank you. That was my original plan, to let the guineas go for a week so that they could go into lockdown together, but unfortunately I'm probably not going to be able to do that. I found some hatching eggs from breeds I want, so we'll be picking those up today hopefully. I'm going through an incubation phase... first the geese, I just had four chicken chicks hatch yesterday, and now these new eggs and the guineas. :D

Back
Top Bottom