Can You Keep D'uccle Bantams with Standard Chickens?

PluckyClucker99

Songster
8 Years
Mar 1, 2014
Wisconsin
I currently have two Black Stars, a RIR and two Barred Rocks, all full grown. Would two of of the D'uccle Bantams be okay with these? Also plan on getting a couple Polish and Cornish X's. Any conflicts foreseen?

All should be fine except for the polish. Often polish are picked on or bullied because they can not see very well.

All should be fine except for the polish. Often polish are picked on or bullied because they can not see very well.

I agree. We had to remove our Polish from the main flock because they were being picked on so badly by the standard breeds. We put the Polish in with our Silkies who were also being battered by the standard sized birds and the Polish and Silkies got along fabulously together. You might find that your D'Uccles are taking a beating as well from the standard sized birds. I would keep a close eye on them.

We plan on showing the Polish and D'uccles. Would it be alright to keep them together in a smaller, separate coop instead or would the Polish pick on the D'uccles?

We plan on showing the Polish and D'uccles. Would it be alright to keep them together in a smaller, separate coop instead or would the Polish pick on the D'uccles?

It shouldn't be any problem unless they are overcrowded. I've keep Polish and D'Uccles together before and the two breeds got along fine.

Back
Top Bottom