Can you see gapeworms in poop?

What do you think would have them sneezing, head shaking, and doing the neck gape thing? Do you think tylosin just wasn’t enough to kick a respiratory disease?
If you mixed the tylosin in water for your sick birds to drink; it's ineffective administering in this manner. Sick birds rarely drink. If they do drink, they dont drink enough of the treated water to be effective, or they simply just dont drink.
Injecting each chicken or administering antibiotics orally to each chicken is the only way you'll know that they were properly dosed. Most likely meds are given twice a day over a period of 5-7 days.
Antibiotics are ineffective if it's a viral respiratory disease, such as Infectious Bronchitis (IB.)

What do you think would have them sneezing, head shaking, and doing the neck gape thing? Do you think tylosin just wasn’t enough to kick a respiratory disease?
Viruses do not respond to antibiotics such as Tylosin. Only MG will respond to Tylosin if they take enough if the treated water. If it is infectious bronchitis virus, it may go away in a month or so. IB virus spreads through the flock over weeks or months, and is highly contagious. Your vet gave you the wormer dosage, but the dosage I gave you is correct. Why not take in some droppings for a fecal float to confirm or disprove gapeworm?

If you mixed the tylosin in water for your sick birds to drink; it's ineffective administering in this manner. Sick birds rarely drink. If they do drink, they dont drink enough of the treated water to be effective, or they simply just dont drink.
Injecting each chicken or administering antibiotics orally to each chicken is the only way you'll know that they were properly dosed. Most likely meds are given twice a day over a period of 5-7 days.
Antibiotics are ineffective if it's a viral respiratory disease, such as Infectious Bronchitis (IB.)
That makes sense. If it was viral i think they would be over it by now because it’s been about a month. My vet gave me doxycycline to give to them orally, but it’s half a liquid capsule twice daily. I’m not sure how to give it to them, try to put it on bread? I don’t think I can try to dump an open capsule down their mouth lol

That makes sense. If it was viral i think they would be over it by now because it’s been about a month. My vet gave me doxycycline to give to them orally, but it’s half a liquid capsule twice daily. I’m not sure how to give it to them, try to put it on bread? I don’t think I can try to dump an open capsule down their mouth lol
Yes, try the bread. I've done that before with wormers a long time ago. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. Some birds try to steal the treated bread from the one you're trying to dose. Sometimes a bird wont touch it. Just depends. Good luck.

Do you know what it means if their poop is green? And they haven’t been fed anything green

Back
Top Bottom