Can you sell duck hatching eggs with only 1 hen and 1 drake?

Well, I a,tually have 3 female rouens, but two are only ducklings. I also have 3 female amd 1 male of welsh harlequins. But those are only babies too. Im planing on getting some khakis too. And next spring a breeding pair of black sweedish or buffs, still cant make up my mind on those breeds
lol.png
any thoughts on those two breds

I would either focus on a select few breeds that you are fond of or if you really want to keep a lot of different breeds just have a mixed flock and not worry about hatching eggs. Once you start getting 4,5, or more different breeds it is going to be A LOT of work with all of the different pens, collecting eggs, labeling eggs, etc. When I first got ducks I ordered a bunch of different breeds so that I could figure out which ones I liked. From there I narrowed it down to 3 main breeds that I want to focus on; Silky ducks, rare colors of Runners and Anconas. I was originally planning on keeping 4 breeds (+WH) but I decided I mainly wanted to work with the rarer breeds. I will be keeping a trio of WH because I would like to get into showing and the other breeds I have are not recognized by the APA.

Quote:
gotcha.....yea that would make it easier.........wow breeding 4 different breeds is gonna be a ton of work..

I know it is, but im preped for it! I have my pen I dea all set up, and the way the breeding will go.

Back
Top Bottom