Can you stack eggs on rack?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CobraFnD, Sep 14, 2011.

1. CobraFnD

CobraFnD Out Of The Brooder

Dec 7, 2010
    I posted this on my 9/14 hatch along, but figured I would put it here instead. Can you stack eggs in the hatching rack. I ordered 48 Heritage RIR eggs from Lucky Pickens farm in AR. she sent 52, and I only needed 42. They were all fine, and I stacked the other 10 in between the ones in the holes of the turner. Will it work? Figured after 10 days, I would probably cull some, and then would still have a full rack hopefully!

Thanks

2. CobraFnD

CobraFnD Out Of The Brooder

Dec 7, 2010
    Nobody has done this?

3. silky_3699

silky_3699 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2011
    My Own Realm!!!
    well, to me it seems fine even though i haven't done this. i am more of a broody chook person.[​IMG]

but its kinda the same under a hen soooo. i think its okay. i might be wrong.[​IMG]

4. Time-Out

Time-Out Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    The Peak District, UK
    If I had too many eggs for my incubator, you can bet I'd rather try that than just ditch potential chicks! Candle in a few days and remove any definite non-developpers.

5. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    it cant hurt to try...I dont see why not.

6. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

I stack eggs all the time.. especially quail eggs.. then when i candle i remove any clears.. works out pretty well.. you just have to make sure they wont fall when the turner turns them..

7. TedJan92_in_Idaho

TedJan92_in_Idaho Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2011
    Cocolalla Idaho
    I stacked on top of quail eggs this hatch. I had 3 trays and 420 eggs. I was 60 eggs over. I counted the unhatched eggs and there was 23 so it will work. I think most of the stacked eggs hatched.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by