Can you taxidermy a rooster?

I went to an estate sale today and left rather mad. They had these beautiful craft roosters but they wanted 30 bucks a piece because they claimed they were "taxidermied roosters". They felt like foam to me. The legs, combs and beck were all fake. About the only thing that seemed legit to me was the feathers but even then they didnt seem like true roo feathers. When I told them I disagreed that they were real they claimed they had a "professional taxidermist" look at them and say they were real. They asked why I was questioning it and I said "uh cause I raise chickens. I have a rooster and I have very good reason to doubt. I can kill a roo and have it taxidermied for cheaper than that even if it was possible." They scoffed at me and I walked away. No one is gonna pay that so it'll probably be in goodwill next week. But...

Can you taxidermy a rooster? I'm 90 percent sure those were 100 percent fake.
Maybe you can, but just as long as it's dead first! :old

I looked up taxidermy silkie. Bad idea. There was some really pretty ones... then there was stuff nightmares are made of 🤣
I looked up pretty taxidermied silkies and I just ended up seeing stuff like this. Good taxidermy, but still disturbing.

Attachments

• 1607119332017.png
    1607119332017.png
    451.3 KB · Views: 15
Yes, you can taxidermy a rooster just like you can taxidermy a pheasant, duck, etc. but you're damn sure not gonna have it done for 30 bucks.
The point I was trying to make to them was that I was doubting the validity. I'm aware taxidermy is expensive. I'm also aware that what I was looking at was not a taxidermy rooster

I looked up pretty taxidermied silkies and I just ended up seeing stuff like this. Good taxidermy, but still disturbing.
I dont see it as disturbing. Museum exhibits arent disturbing and they are filled with taxidermied animals. I suppose though if it was an animal that I had a connection with I might find it eerie.

Back
Top Bottom