Can you taxidermy a rooster?

Pics
So.. in summary.. you went to a sale where it is customary to find people selling all manner of items ranging from cheap to expensive and fake to real - where you saw an item that you decided was of a quality and price that did not meet with your purchasing criteria - and so you did not buy it.

In response to your original query - it has been established that yes birds can be taxidermized and yes some peoples attempts at doing so can be anywhere from awesome to downright scary.

So .. I'm really curious.. what was your intended use for the item if you HAD purchased it? Especially since it appears you don't even "like" the item in question.

I'm wondering if some friend of yours is about to be "out uglied" in an "ugliest gift" competition. Or that you really don't like the person you got for secret santa this year!? ;)

That would be horrible if they were!:hitRoosters should only be taxodermied to preserve your love for them; like dogs and cats👍
Agreed. However, some animals are taxidermied (after natural death) to be sold as art. This is ok in my opinion, since the animal wasn’t killed for the purpose. (But misusing the animal for art like in what we just saw, or making fun of it like that is just cruel and horrible.)

So.. in summary.. you went to a sale where it is customary to find people selling all manner of items ranging from cheap to expensive and fake to real - where you saw an item that you decided was of a quality and price that did not meet with your purchasing criteria - and so you did not buy it.

In response to your original query - it has been established that yes birds can be taxidermized and yes some peoples attempts at doing so can be anywhere from awesome to downright scary.

So .. I'm really curious.. what was your intended use for the items if you HAD purchased them? Especially since it appears you don't even "like" the items in question.

I'm suspicious that some friend of yours is about to be "out uglied" in and "ugliest gift" competition. Or that you really don't like the person you got for secret santa this year!? ;)
Fair question! It had been my intention to just have it on display in my house. I have a rooster in my kitchen made of porcelain but I like to have chicken related decorations. I bought chicken wrapping paper for our christmas gifts as well. I was thinking hed go in the living room on my mantle next to the antique oil lamps

Agreed. However, some animals are taxidermied (after natural death) to be sold as art. This is ok in my opinion, since the animal wasn’t killed for the purpose. (But misusing the animal for art like in what we just saw, or making fun of it like that is just cruel and horrible.)
I agree, I thought that was pretty terrible. Taxidermy in my head is to preserve an animal for the sake of its beauty (if that makes sense)

Fair question! It had been my intention to just have it on display in my house. I have a rooster in my kitchen made of porcelain but I like to have chicken related decorations. I bought chicken wrapping paper for our christmas gifts as well. I was thinking hed go in the living room on my mantle next to the antique oil lamps
Aha! I have a suggestion then... If you really do want that chicken - go back to the sale and make them an offer that you think is fair. Worst that can happen is that you leave without it .. "again". Perhaps they might accept your offer and you get a unique curiosity item :thumbsup

Edit: Now that you've already been and enquired about it.. you are at a negotiating disadvantage. Take either your dearest elderly friend or a cute kid and get them to make the offer. 😉

All I can say is WOW! Well I can say a lot more, but .............I started to say, I won't, but I'm gonna. If the mods/owners allow this statement to stand, then I'm outta here. This does not need to belong in this forum. This is racism in it's purest form.
This post is embarrassing. You are joking right?

Back
Top Bottom