Can you tell me if Kirby is a he or a she?

duckmama84

Chirping
Apr 17, 2016
Mechanicsville, Virginia
As the title suggests. Pretty please and thank you! We're still fairly new to chickens (2nd year with them) and this is my first turken (straight run). He/she is about 13wks old, if that helps any.

I'm thinking cockerel based on personality and its comb, but just want to make sure.

Thank you!

20200608_130308.jpg

Has it always had a big comb are has it just developed recently? It looks like a pullet to me... but more pics may help determine that

I'm really on the fence! The early comb development is a trait of cockerels though... You've checked for pointed saddle feathers?

Ahh, you know I didn't. I remember reading about that a while back and totally didn't apply it here.

They appear rounded to me, how early do the rounded/pointy saddle feathers? We had a beautiful Cemani roo but sadly he's gone and I don't remember.

There is still so much I need to learn!

Thanks to everyone for the help! This is fun! I'll have to post a photo of our Lavender Orpington!
20200608_164429.jpg
20200608_164645.jpg

Its been a few months.. I'm thinking Kirby is a "he" but we havent heard crowing yet, which is fine by me as we have two loud mouth Lavender Orpingtons, and our Cemani roo just realized he can crow now too 🤦🏼‍♀

Attachments

• 20200917_130229.jpg
    20200917_130229.jpg
    705 KB · Views: 9
Okay so I just saw this thread and even in the first pic his comb looks well developed and red, I instictly said "that's a roo", but then again I have never had Naked Necks.

Back
Top Bottom