Can you tell me if this is a hen or tom? If it is a hen, I may go get

Quote:
That is what I thought, but am not expierenced enough to know.

I saw it on st louis craigslist and also on peoria, il craigslist. The ad on peoria has two pictures.

Thanks for the help.

Would a blue slate and bourbon red be ok as a pair? I have them only as pets, not show or such.

Would a blue slate and bourbon red be ok as a pair? I have them only as pets, not show or such.

I breed alot of slates and blue together. I posted some pictures in a post yesterday. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=405085

Your
first generation would be black based split bronzed based. The next generation you can get alot more colors.

You could also get rusty blacks in the first generation. I can show you a picture of that too if you do not know what they are.​

Last edited:
Its definitly a hen
lol.png
tongue.png
big_smile.png

Thanks everyone for letting me know what it is. I sent an email to the people asking how old and they said it is 4-5 months. Is that too young to put in with Tom? He is from spring 2009.

Look for a narrow line of feathers running up the back of the neck. Male necks are bald up behind their heads by that point. Hope you get her. She looks great!

Quote:
I say hen and no I don't think it would be too young to put in with a Tom. Are you still here? Go get it! LOL!
wink.png

It's relly hard to tell males and females apart until they are older.

For instance this Blue Slate Turkeys looks rather similar to the picture you have.
44401_dscn2063.jpg

Though that birds turned out to look like this
44401_pigeons_033.jpg

Not a hen

Back
Top Bottom