Can you tell me what breed of chicken this is?

adamlee55

Hatching
Sep 6, 2021
Can anyone tell me what breed of chicken this is? We got several chicks from Tractor Supply and think they might have been mislabeled when we bought them. Now that they are grown, I don't think they are what they were originally labeled as. We have two of this breed and they have a super gentle and sweet personality, and we'd love to know their breed. Thanks for the help!
chicken.jpg

They were labeled (we thought) as a speckled sussex. But we have one that is a speckled sussex for sure according to matching google pictures. These two definitely aren't speckled sussex! We bought 4 varieties, 7 chicks total: speckled sussex, golden sex link, rhode island red, barred rock. We are sure about the barred rock, the golden sex link, and the rhode island reds. My only thought is that we bought a chick and must not have caught the breed label like we thought we did.

Can anyone tell me what breed of chicken this is? We got several chicks from Tractor Supply and think they might have been mislabeled when we bought them. Now that they are grown, I don't think they are what they were originally labeled as. We have two of this breed and they have a super gentle and sweet personality, and we'd love to know their breed. Thanks for the help!
View attachment 2824401
Are they laying yet? Could be a hatchery hybrid. She does not look like a known breed that I am aware of anyway.😊

Hmm.. They look a lot like isa browns.
I did a quick Google search, and looks like there are also "Red Sussex"'s and "Brown Sussex"'s. There are very few pictures of what they might look like, but that could be a possibility.

@Rhodebar Lover
Yeh it could be a Sussex, what color are her eyes? Breed standard Sussex have red orange eyes, I am pretty sure.

Back
Top Bottom