Can you tell me what sex my chicks are?

chiggen

Hatching
May 11, 2015
Okay, hoping there is no "plz don't ask what sex your chicks are" post....anyway: here's our story... 30 somethings with no kids, looking to raise some chiggens. So we got 3 from the feed store down the street. After about the 4th week, we started noticing the red one doing a little corralling and maybe some flutter kicks reminiscent of a rooster. Soooo... thought we'd ask as our first post what you guys think. We were told they were as follows: A rhode island red, a barred rock and a delaware. Now whether they are or not we don't know. More importantly, can you help us figure out whether m/f? I will try to post pics

thanks in advance

Welcome to BYC - the formatting on your pictures is a bit wonky, so I'm going to see if I can help you. I notice you are using Photobucket, I suspect part of the problem is that you are maybe copying the wrong formatting from their site - be sure to use the "direct link" that does not have the "IMG" formatting already on it when copying it to this site in the "use URL" box in the "Insert Image" prompts.

Welcome to BYC - the formatting on your pictures is a bit wonky, so I'm going to see if I can help you. I notice you are using Photobucket, I suspect part of the problem is that you are maybe copying the wrong formatting from their site - be sure to use the "direct link" that does not have the "IMG" formatting already on it when copying it to this site in the "use URL" box in the "Insert Image" prompts.

Ahhh! Thank you! The other forum i'm part of uses the img code. Okay cool. Any other guesses?

Looks like Barred Rock, RIR, and Delaware, as you were told -- all pullets
smile.png
Young females will do what you describe as flutter kicks as well as males.

Back
Top Bottom