Can you tell me which is my MPC Olive Egger?, and help guess the others?? (Picture Heavy)

madicakes

Songster
6 Years
Mar 6, 2014
South-Central Pennsylvania
The list of possible breeds: - one of these chicks should be an olive egger, as I also ordered one of them, but don't know which one it is.
(I removed the ones that I ruled out)
  • Easter Egger
  • Ameraucana (Wheaten, Blue, Black, Splash)
  • Andalusian (Blue, Black, or Splash)
  • Sicilian Buttercup
  • Golden Campine
  • Blue Laced Red Wyandotte
  • Barnevelder
  • Brahma (Buff Brahma, Light Brahma)
  • Dark Cornish
  • Cochin
  • Welsummer
  • Speckled Sussex
  • Blue Orpington

Chick #1 - Rhode Island Red (I ordered this one)

Chick #2 Black Copper Marans? (I ordered one) - feather legged, greyish legs and pink feet

Chick #3 - Fluffier than the rest of them, no discernible comb at this point, greyish legs

Chick #4 - More petite than the others, no discernible comb at this point

Chick #5 - Buff Brahma? - feathered legs, single comb

Chick #6 - single comb, greyish legs with pink feet, petite like chick #4

Chick #7 - Greyish legs with pink feet, no discernible comb

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm hoping once they start getting their feathers in it will be easier to tell what they are. I'm stumped on the rest of them! I need to find homes for two of them, but I don't want to mistakenly get rid of my olive egger!

Edited to correct spelling

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm hoping once they start getting their feathers in it will be easier to tell what they are. I'm stumped on the rest of them! I need to find homes for two of them, but I don't want to mistakenly get rid of my olive egger!

Edited to correct spelling
They are so precious!!! #5 and #7 stole my heart!!
love.gif
Best of luck to you.

The list of possible breeds: - one of these chicks should be an olive egger, as I also ordered one of them, but don't know which one it is.
(I removed the ones that I ruled out)
  • Easter Egger
  • Ameraucana (Wheaten, Blue, Black, Splash)
  • Andalusian (Blue, Black, or Splash)
  • Sicilian Buttercup
  • Golden Campine
  • Blue Laced Red Wyandotte
  • Barnevelder
  • Brahma (Buff Brahma, Light Brahma)
  • Dark Cornish
  • Cochin
  • Welsummer
  • Speckled Sussex
  • Blue Orpington

Chick #1 - Rhode Island Red (I ordered this one)

Chick #2 Black Copper Marans? (I ordered one) - feather legged, greyish legs and pink feet

Chick #3 - Fluffier than the rest of them, no discernible comb at this point, greyish legs

blrw (splash)

Chick #4 - More petite than the others, no discernible comb at this point
blrw (blue or black)

Chick #5 - Buff Brahma? - feathered legs, single comb

Chick #6 - single comb, greyish legs with pink feet, petite like chick #4

Chick #7 - Greyish legs with pink feet, no discernible comb

Since an Olive Egger is a mixed breed (blue egg layer x dark brown egg layer) you probably won't know which one it is until it lays. Unless you can call and ask what they use for their mix & if they know what it looks like...but even then I'd be sceptical about getting rid of any of them until I knew for sure.

When I got mine, the only way I knew which ones were my Olive Eggers (Ameraucana x Welsummer & Ameraucana x Wheaten Marans) vs my EE (Ameraucana x Araucana) was cause I asked my breeder which was which and what they were mixes of...for my knowledge & curiosity.

I've since then acquired 4 'EE' pullets that are 4 months old and I won't know if they're actually EE or OE until they lay.

Back
Top Bottom