Can you tell the difference between cornish x & white rock chicks?

augustmomx2

Songster
11 Years
Aug 31, 2008
Central Indiana
I have ordered 15 cornish x, along with 4 white rocks from Ideal. I was wondering, can you tell the difference when they are delivered? In the pics on the web, they look the same. Just wondering since with the meaties I am going to warn my kids beforehand...those are going to be our dinners
wink.png
TIA!

I think I would try to brood them seperate. As aggresive as the Cornishes are at the feeder, the Rocks may not get to eat as much as they should. They may be okay for the first week, but after that, I would keep a close eye on them.

I have brooded my cornish chicks with my standard chicks and have had no problems. If they come together they brood together. No problems and this is year #5 coming up here. If for some reason you do find it isn't working then divide and like the previous posters have said you will have no trouble telling the difference they will be much larger in a week.

I also have never had a problem raising standards up with the meat chickens. I always was worried the standard chicks would beat on the cornish X chicks. As the Cornish just lay around a lot and don't seem to act like the normal standard chickens who are actually interested in playing the pecking order game. At least that's been our experience.

Back
Top Bottom