Can you tell the difference between the male and female polish crested?

I've got 2 with the same coloring...they were both solid yellow as chicks, but they're different looking b now...ones crested top has rounded ends on feathers, with 1 little pale looking point of comb, and the other has spikey ends on its head, with 2 red horn looking things...looks evil to me...does this mean one is female and other male?

Chicks cannot be sexed. I mean you can guess, but even for the experienced person there's just nothing to accurately guess on - they haven't developed singular male or female characteristics by that age.

I've got 2 with the same coloring...they were both solid yellow as chicks, but they're different looking b now...ones crested top has rounded ends on feathers, with 1 little pale looking point of comb, and the other has spikey ends on its head, with 2 red horn looking things...looks evil to me...does this mean one is female and other male?

Yes, sounds like you've got a cockerel and a pullet. You'd have to post pics for a definite conformation but the red comb and spiked feathers are classic cockerel signs.

Watch out for the cockerel. They have a tendency toward aggression due to their poor field of vision. They get scared and then they get nasty. Not all will, but certainly some, more than a lot of other breeds.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom