Can you tell yet?

NewchickNanna

Chirping
Mar 12, 2018
700A0DDB-5E55-4705-BB7D-E3FF89692228.jpeg 9B1FBC45-E030-451D-BEE2-EF2DCD89360F.jpeg 701FE161-87DA-45B0-B567-C82F38B9C0E7.jpeg i posted these pictures of two of my straight run TSC bantams a few days ago, and you all were able to identify one of them, but not the other. She (?) has really changed a lot over this past week so I was hoping someone can identify her breed, and maybe sex, now?
Any guesses are appreciated. She’s starting to get really interesting, and a little mean. I will explain the meanness later.
Here’s the new pics.

View attachment 1320325 View attachment 1320327 View attachment 1320329 i posted these pictures of two of my straight run TSC bantams a few days ago, and you all were able to identify one of them, but not the other. She (?) has really changed a lot over this past week so I was hoping someone can identify her breed, and maybe sex, now?
Any guesses are appreciated. She’s starting to get really interesting, and a little mean. I will explain the meanness later.
Here’s the new pics.
Are the legs as white as they look in the pictures? If so then I would guess it is an Old English game bantam, maybe of the mottled color pattern. A little too early to sex in my opinion.

Yeah, the legs are light colored, and she’s kind of mean.
I made a trip back to the TSC today to buy some food and ended up bringing home some more straight run bantams (I couldn’t help myself). I have them in a crate that is touching, but separated. A couple of the babies slipped through. She is the only one that attached them, she chased them and pecked them until I removed them.

Yeah, the legs are light colored, and she’s kind of mean.
I made a trip back to the TSC today to buy some food and ended up bringing home some more straight run bantams (I couldn’t help myself). I have them in a crate that is touching, but separated. A couple of the babies slipped through. She is the only one that attached them, she chased them and pecked them until I removed them.
Both sexes could do that-- aggressive behavior is not gender specific, especially so early when the male or female hormones haven't really kicked in. The comb on this bird does look a little on the large side for a bird that young. If the comb goes pink or red soon then it is likely a cockerel.

2F941499-DC2C-42CD-9C48-6BC2819F5C4F.png 7F8574AD-BBAA-4960-BA5E-0810A98AFAAD.png C98CA9CD-9E4B-41E6-91AF-4BFF8BCD0A5F.png These are pics of the ones I bought today. One of the little ones had strange liquid stool. Another one has a red spot one it’s comb. Should I be worried?

Back
Top Bottom