Can you use quail eggs in cakes?

I’m looking forward to mine laying. Think they would work well in homemade egg noodles.
droolin.gif

I’m looking forward to mine laying. Think they would work well in homemade egg noodles.
droolin.gif

YOU BETCHA...I can see them hanging on chair backs drying around the Kitchen at GRAND MAWS house...EGG is EGG size is diff. Crack a reg Chic egg in M cup (remember the volume ) Dump it crack enough Q eggs in that cup to get same approx volume, count Q eggs used .and your in business...cva34

I made a sponge cake with quail eggs cos I really dont like pickling them. I have only done it once...(twice but I failed and turned it to custard) It did not turn out... but in saying that ... I try to make sponge cake with normal chicken eggs and I fail at that too... so I think you can sack the cook... Cake failures make my chickens very, very happy.
One day I made a sponge cake with chicken eggs and my uncle dropped in... he suggested that I throw my cake .. err cough rocks..cough...*gulps down cup of tea* at the passing cats.

Noted problems with the use of quail eggs in a sponge cake

• eggs did not seem to incorporate air very well
  • Felt like it needed more flour to hold it up.
  • Do not do a double batch of cake mixture.

If you are greedy and you did a double batch ... and you fail ...turn the whole mixture to a bake custard recipe to save your ingredients.
Or you can make an impossible pie I suppose if you already added in the flour...

I think quails eggs would work well in a cake mixtures where you cream the butter then add the egg later.

More quail sponge cake experimentation is needed !

Not too sure if anyone has the patients to separate the yolk and white to make other recipes..

I made a sponge cake with quail eggs cos I really dont like pickling them. I have only done it once...(twice but I failed and turned it to custard) It did not turn out... but in saying that ... I try to make sponge cake with normal chicken eggs and I fail at that too... so I think you can sack the cook... Cake failures make my chickens very, very happy.
One day I made a sponge cake with chicken eggs and my uncle dropped in... he suggested that I throw my cake .. err cough rocks..cough...*gulps down cup of tea* at the passing cats.

Noted problems with the use of quail eggs in a sponge cake

• eggs did not seem to incorporate air very well
  • Felt like it needed more flour to hold it up.
  • Do not do a double batch of cake mixture.

If you are greedy and you did a double batch ... and you fail ...turn the whole mixture to a bake custard recipe to save your ingredients.
Or you can make an impossible pie I suppose if you already added in the flour...

I think quails eggs would work well in a cake mixtures where you cream the butter then add the egg later.

More quail sponge cake experimentation is needed !

Not too sure if anyone has the patients to separate the yolk and white to make other recipes..
Quail eggs don't have enough whites to make a sponge cake for sure and probably most cakes. Beating the whites incorporates air. Air=light texture. Just my thinking.

Back
Top Bottom