1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can you write a letter or two?

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by Markp1964, May 17, 2011.

1. Markp1964

Markp1964 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2007
    Can I ask for your help? The Westerville Chickens Keepers Society is trying to make our city council change it's mind about chickens. We are a small group of prochicken people trying to make hens legal in a suburb of Central Ohio.
    The whole idea of city chickens seems a bit odd to many of our neighbors. A letter from people like yourselves would be very persuasive, since you have hands on experience and have seen how it can work.

Letters can go to:
    Mr. David Collinsworth
    Westerville City Manager
    21 South State Street

Westerville, OH 43081

If you feel like sending an email, a letter to the editor helps send the message very well:
    [email protected]

2. swatskee

swatskee Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2011
    Cleveland, OH
    wow, Cleveland allows chickens and westerville does not??

3. joan1708

joan1708 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    DFW - mid cities, Tx
    done!

4. Markp1964

Markp1964 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2007
    Quote:Crazy,right? Westerville is a very typical suburb that has many middle of the road types who are unaware and unable to admit their town had an agricultural past. There was feed store in the Uptown area that closed down due to lack of business-the bird feeder market had been propping them up.

Cleveland's ordiannces are very progressive!

5. robcourt

robcourt New Egg

Oct 1, 2011
    new to the forum and close to westerville (but just outside the limits, so no problems with our flock here). has there been any progress? i would gladly write!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by