Can young chickens go blind?

I doubt if it's hot because she is in our basement and the weather here is about about 68. When I went down to check on her this afternoon, she's sleeping. The gaping is not constant though

I do see her eating feed. Now that she is back in isolation, she is on medicated feed. She ate the 2 times I was watching her. She is small. She is now a little smaller than the Orpingtons that were hatched about 3 weeks after she as hatched (June 16)

I can feel her breast bone. She is now starting to lose her balance when she stands up...noticed she feel forward once. Her poo is becoming more solid. Torn between trying to save her or putting her out of her misery.
sad.png

Hard decision, but be glad that you can make a small part of nature without pain... Sadly you took the pain onto yourself for a bit.
Your wee little chicken thanks you as she was truly sick.

Have a small glass of wine, and another after that one.. All will be better in the morning.

Hard decision, but be glad that you can make a small part of nature without pain... Sadly you took the pain onto yourself for a bit.
Your wee little chicken thanks you as she was truly sick.

Have a small glass of wine, and another after that one.. All will be better in the morning.
Thank you!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom