CANADA GOOSE BREEDERS (I found LEGAL breeders!)

Pics
Because mallards have been domesticated for like 2,000 years and are worldwide, meanwhile, Canadas are just semi-domestic native birds.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220822-092420.png
    Screenshot_20220822-092420.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
Here is my goofy goose lol Canada x swan goose hybrid. Been doing a ton of research to try to find out if he is a mule or if he is potentially fertile. There is so much conflicting info out there r

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211223-115130.png
    Screenshot_20211223-115130.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 17
Here is my goofy goose lol Canada x swan goose hybrid. Been doing a ton of research to try to find out if he is a mule or if he is potentially fertile. There is so much conflicting info out there r
Yeah, I’d be interested to see if you can get offspring from the hybrids.

Yeah, I’d be interested to see if you can get offspring from the hybrids.
I have found very little on hybrid fertility in geese between different genus. But what I have found was 1 study that suggested that "gray geese" which is what the swan goose is, can produce fertile male hybrids with the branta genus, which is what Canada geese are. Now, I have also read that all geese between different genus are mules and are never fertile, and other research suggesting that they are rarely fertile, but only the males. It's a fascinatingly confusing subject lol. I love this gander, and would love some of his babies. I have also come across a community that appears to be fascinated with hybrid Canada geese over the years, (I'm one of them), and I plan to become a Canada goose breeder in the far future, amongst other amazing breeds, incl the cotton patch, African, bar headed, cape barren, snow goose, cackling goose, Sebastopol goose, etc. But I only have 2 canadas, 2 hatchery Africans, 1 hybrid Canada x swan goose, & 1 cackling atm.. it's possible that they will pair off with their own breeds, but it turns out the Africans are 1M 1F, Cackling 1F, Canada 2F, Hybrid Canada 1M. I feel like, with my current flock, without interference, I may end up with some hybrids in the future (once my Canada's and cackling are matured). Definitely if my hybrid turns out fertile lol. I don't plan to interfere with this starter group. Let 1 mix match pair form, if it happens, but not "make it happen or prevent it" just let nature take it's course. But I may change my mind. I do believe it's important to ensure the integrity of clean blood lines so we don't accidentally lose a beautiful breed, like we almost did with the cotton patch (from my understanding). Hope my rambling makes sense. Lol there is so much info and ideas and opinions from myself and others running through my mind as I type this haha... 🤪😜🤦🤣

I have found very little on hybrid fertility in geese between different genus. But what I have found was 1 study that suggested that "gray geese" which is what the swan goose is, can produce fertile male hybrids with the branta genus, which is what Canada geese are. Now, I have also read that all geese between different genus are mules and are never fertile, and other research suggesting that they are rarely fertile, but only the males. It's a fascinatingly confusing subject lol. I love this gander, and would love some of his babies. I have also come across a community that appears to be fascinated with hybrid Canada geese over the years, (I'm one of them), and I plan to become a Canada goose breeder in the far future, amongst other amazing breeds, incl the cotton patch, African, bar headed, cape barren, snow goose, cackling goose, Sebastopol goose, etc. But I only have 2 canadas, 2 hatchery Africans, 1 hybrid Canada x swan goose, & 1 cackling atm.. it's possible that they will pair off with their own breeds, but it turns out the Africans are 1M 1F, Cackling 1F, Canada 2F, Hybrid Canada 1M. I feel like, with my current flock, without interference, I may end up with some hybrids in the future (once my Canada's and cackling are matured). Definitely if my hybrid turns out fertile lol. I don't plan to interfere with this starter group. Let 1 mix match pair form, if it happens, but not "make it happen or prevent it" just let nature take it's course. But I may change my mind. I do believe it's important to ensure the integrity of clean blood lines so we don't accidentally lose a beautiful breed, like we almost did with the cotton patch (from my understanding). Hope my rambling makes sense. Lol there is so much info and ideas and opinions from myself and others running through my mind as I type this haha... 🤪😜🤦🤣
I know it's not the same, but I know in big cats, female hybrids are fertile and males are not. So not only can you get, say, a Tigon. You can breed that female tigon to a tiger or lion and get Ti-tigons or Li-tigons. I'm sure it's much harder, but certainly doable

I know it's not the same, but I know in big cats, female hybrids are fertile and males are not. So not only can you get, say, a Tigon. You can breed that female tigon to a tiger or lion and get Ti-tigons or Li-tigons. I'm sure it's much harder, but certainly doable
Interesting. Based on what I have read, all female hybrids between different goose geniuses are infertile, but not all males are . So some males can still be fertile. My Canada x Sean gander hybrid is a male so I'm hoping he will be fertile! I'm trying to provide him with both female Canada geese and female swan geese to choose/mate with. We will see what happens. I'm posting videos about him on YT all the time! Lol I love him

I will have giant Canada geese for sale possibly next spring, and definitely the spring after that.
I have all of the proper paperwork as well.
Hi I need giant canada geese fertile hatching eggs and goslings. Please advise. Thanks

Update on my Canada goslings! They are well and beautiful! Both appear to be female, as the breeder promised! They are well behaved mischievous dinosaurs (just as they should be lol) here are some pics! One breeder who went dormant for a short time actually started selling eggs again this year! I'll share her info if she's ok with that once I have confirmed everything works out!

( PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THERE ARE SCAMMERS OUT THERE! SOME KEY ELEMENTS THEY GET WRONG IS THE PRICE ! CANADA GOOSE EGGS COST 50-100$ EACH! GOSLINGS $100-150 EACH (IN AVERAGE)!! THEY REQUIRE A FEDERAL WATERFOWL TRANSFER DOCUMENT WITH ALL PURCHASE DETAILS, AT THE LATEST LATEST UPON RECEIPT!! THEY MUST HAVE A BREEDERS /SALES/DISPOSAL PERMIT TO SELL TO YOU! CANADA GEESE ARE FEDERALLY PROTECTED! DO YOUR RESEARCH! IF THEY HAVE GOSLINGS OR EGGS IN DECEMBER, THEY ARE LIKELY NOT LEGIT!! EDUCATE YOURSELF ON THE BREEDING TIMELINES & MOST LIKELY AVAILABILITY! I PRAY THIS HELPS!! YOU CAN CONTACT A WARDEN IN THEIR STATE OR THEIR PERMIT DEPARTMENT AND CONFIRM THEY HAVE A BREEDERS PERMIT!! )

On another note, here are my babies at almost 9 mo old!!

Attachments

• IMG_20230109_145711983.jpg
    IMG_20230109_145711983.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20230109_145802254.jpg
    IMG_20230109_145802254.jpg
    821 KB · Views: 11

Back
Top Bottom