Canadian Newbie

cluck canuck

Hatching
10 Years
Apr 12, 2009
Wow! what a web site.
Very green at the chicken thing...but can't wait to get started,the coop should be open for visitors soon.The only thing missing are the chicks:(
That's were I need some info/suggestions from the BYC members.Would anybody know were I can purchase Sussex,Wyandotte,Orpington chicks from?
I live in Ontario,Canada.

cluck canuck,
Sorry I can't help you with purchasing chickens. Try craigslist. I've had luck there.
And
welcome-byc.gif
from Washington.

Imp

Welcome from VA.

I know there are a few Canadian members here. Check out the where am I forum they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Welcome! If we keep this going we should get another Canadian on here to give you suggestions.

So yur getting chooks aye?

Congrats.

I'd love to visit Ontariario someday. (I love Red Green)

Welcome!! Wonderful to see another Canadian here! I'm from Nova Scotia.

Performance Poultry is located in Ontario and I know they carry the breeds you are looking for. You might want to check out their website. I've never purchased anything from them yet, but when I emailed questions I got replies right away. Being so far away, the shipping was going to cost me quite a bit, but since you're in Ontario, that shouldn't be a problem.

Also, you may find other BYC members in Ontario that have chicks to sell. There is a thread on here just for Canadians and several people have listed what they have to offer.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom