Canadians check in here....

I'd be interested to hear from other ON members here too about their fairs, when they're held, etc. how fun would it be to do the whole 'circuit'; one every weekend in September!!!
the GNE in Collingwood isn't too bad :) it's the weekend of Sept. 20th. I believe the 4-H activities are Friday, the pigeons, rabbits and heavy horses are Saturday, and poultry and riding shows are Sunday. I hope to win best bantam with my serama cockerel! :) Is anyone else planning to go?

Last edited:
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/edmonton/heritage+chicken+program+scratch/8885471/story.html

Here is a news item about the Heritage Poultry Program at the University of Alberta. If you were close to them it might be a good source for fertile eggs. Has anyone on BYC ever gotten eggs from them? Wondering,

PEI Chicken

Very interesting...I would be interesting to buy some to hatch but I guess they dont ship...if somebody over there is interesting to buy some and could pick them up for me I will of course pay eggs and shipping...

Anybody ever order from Performance Poultry in Ontario?  They have a huge selection and air-ship too.
Yes, I have. Twice. But I also drive to the hatchery. Might be different having them shipped. There are times when certain breeds aren't available, even at the start of the ordering season. Jason is happy to recommend an equivalent bird though. They are healthy birds, (only lost 2) but will not grow to the standard size you see with breeder stock. Just sayin'.

I have, but I drove down and picked up the chicks (Ameraucana?/EE, Australorp, SLW) They are all healthy currently and I was really happy with performance poultry!

Yes, I have. Twice. But I also drive to the hatchery. Might be different having them shipped. There are times when certain breeds aren't available, even at the start of the ordering season. Jason is happy to recommend an equivalent bird though. They are healthy birds, (only lost 2) but will not grow to the standard size you see with breeder stock. Just sayin'.

I've had good experience with them also. I do have to have them air-shipped as BC is a bit far to drive. I lost one on day two of this current batch; and think I've lost maybe three others in total from them. I agree, Jason is quite good. He will take the time to discuss things with you too.

Back
Top Bottom