Canadians check in here....

Pics
spring will be here soon and you can get a few girls for your roo!
big_smile.png

Only one of my boys is "lovy-dovy" with the girls.... I wonder if my white roo is playing for the other team or is just shy??
gig.gif

LOL! Maybe he's just a bit shy - are the ladies older than him? Mine is very protective of his partridge girls. If I happen to get between them and him while they are foraging about, he will run a circle around me to get to them, which is quite cute. The barred rock roo I have is not as gentlemanly.

Hi All I am new to ALL of this! So have tons of learning to do.. but i do have a question..one for now i am sure millions to follow.... where in Nova scotia do you get your chickens from? There does not seem to be much online for hatcheries etc.. any info would be great for this very new newbie
hu.gif

HI ANd Welcome!!!
welcome-byc.gif

There are a few small breeders in NS that have chickens although this time of year you may have a harder time to get young birds. In the spring is the best.
Ther is also a poultry show next weekend in Truro NS so there may be a few birs for sale there.
What are you looking for?

Probably I shouldn't be posting this *here*, but, sue me
tongue.png

Anybody want a trio of young "buff chanteclers". I am putting that in quotes because they are not real close to the standard and I suspect them of having a goodly dose of buff orpington
tongue.png
... they are cushion or pea combed, but are very fluffy-bottomed and the cockerel has looong hackles. (If Fabio were a chicken, this is who he'd be
tongue.png
)

They are quite healthy; were hatched May 1 but not laying yet. Anybody wants them, they're fun, active and peaceful chickens, I'd be happy to pass them on to a good home.

Located about an hour N of Toronto.

Pat

Hi and thanks! Really not looking for anything in particular right now will only be getting them in the spring BUT wanted to know where the best place was to buy them. I am still trying to familiarize my self with all the different breeds and what is best to get! I would like to have egg layers as well as some that are good for meat as i said i am so new to this and just trying to research at moment! But so much to take in!! Thanks for the reply
smile.png

Hey! I'm Canadian living in the USA. Temps are milder where we are, but we have the 4 seasons. Frost on the ground this morning so it's time to put extra hay bales around the barn walls for insulation. I have aracaunas and some mixes, with only one silkie left. My silkie doesn't have anyone to snuggle with
sad.png
and keep warm, so I have to build an insulated box just for herself. DH thinks I'm crazy...but we LOVE our chickens!

yeah Bear River Nova Scotia ... LOL been here for about nine years still not used to the climate, i am from south africa... now to try chickens in a different climate is a new challenge all in itself
smile.png
why did you leave NS?

Back
Top Bottom