Canadians check in here....

Ontario folks, can anyone suggest a decent silkie breeder? I'm hoping to avoid kijiji and deal with people who won't get irritated if I ask breed specific questions or ask for pictures not taken from google of their stock. I had hoped to brood a pair or trio of something other than blacks over winter to introduce in the spring, as I already have blacks. Hubby finally agreed that silkie babies definitely don't fall under the "No chickens in the House" rule and I'd like to take advantage of it while I can. He'll be just as head over heels as I am by spring! :ya
I just hatched I want to say....20ish silkie chicks in November :D I love them. Where abouts are you in Ontario I know of 3 silkie breeders, all produce quality silkies :) I will have some eventually for sale (maybe, unsure if I will be able to part with them yet haha). They are just 7 weeks old now.

We’re in the Okanagan. We have BCMs and malines. True about the amercaunas.
Well it will be exciting to find out what they are! This summer I went down to the okanagan to purchase a registered Nubian doeling and the breeder had all sorts of breeds and other fowl. I couldn't resist getting some AM and BCM while I was there. All my EEs were sold to me as Ameraucanas. Hard to find true in this area.

We’re in the Okanagan. We have black copper marans and malines. We make the trip to the island often.
QUOTE="ahellionjet, post: 17433821, member: 441999"]
Midisland Vancouver Island checking in!

Would love to find breeders on the Island! Particularly for Swedish Flower Hens or Spitzhaubens, but open to others. Also wouldn't mind making friends as chicken-crazy as me.
[/QUOTE]

Hi. We’re in the Thompson Okanagan and have black copper marans and malines. Hard to find the true blue layers in BC, eh? QUOTE="Anthony13, post: 17310827, member: 437577"]
Hello canadiens! Im new to the site! Seems like a great place for passing on info! Im from the burbs of vancouver bc! I baught my first house a year ago and built a 4x18ft chicken run and finally got my first chickens of my own from my grandfathers hobby farm/vinyard (that i have been helping out and working on my whole life) in oliver BC 3 hens, a mumma and 2 approx 4month old chicks he raised for me. Im actually in serch of 2 ameraucana or araucana blue laying hens (one for me and one for my grandfather) they are his favorite but he cant seem to find any in the interior! If anyone has any leeds it wiuld be greatly appreciated!
[/QUOTE]

Hi Alex. We’re in the Thompson-Okanagan and have black copper marans and malines.
Hi there, I'm Alex from Pitt meadows BC! I've got a flock of 5 bovan Browns 7 hyline Browns and just picked up a dozen RIR hybrid meat/ laying hens. Hope their are other B.C.ers around!

Hi. We’re from Bc, too. A family farm with black copper marans and malines QUOTE="SandyNormAmy, post: 17176909, member: 383699"]
I'm in Port Coquitlam. I have two RIR-Leghorn cross hens I acquired last September as proven layers. Welcome to BYC! This site has been an absolutely wonderful source of information for me, as I hope it will be for you. My girls are a little over a year old.
[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom