Canadians check in here....

Pics
Hi all, we're in Simcoe/Walsh, ON area
smile.png
Getting 6 buff Chanteclers this Saturday! Can't wait
smile.png

Ottawa Ontario area here
just getting to know this fab site BYC, into dogs for last 20 years but moving to the country in 3 weeks and looking forward to all the possibilities, like a coop and a few nice looking feathered friends.

any suggestions for keeping chicken in my area year round , insullation, heat souce etc.

I have a prety good Idea from reading here but what would be the basic, I just remember from grandMa's place and that was with a barn and other animals and years ago...

would not mind seeing what stock you have available around here, so hit me, thanks
wink.png

JL

Yes insulation is important...I only put the heat lamp on in the coldest days of Jan. and Feb. ...not much this year...We live close to Guelph ...the insulation we used was spray foam....hubby was just having his shop built and he used spray foam for insulation so the guys did the coop also...then we put up the inside walls....
The next coop were going to use big sheets of styrafoam and spray foam around the edges for inside the walls...
But always remember the chickens still need ventalation even on a cold day...Windows are a good idea also.. Good luck ! and your addiction will begin....

HELLO from LOVELY Southern QC! I'm an American living in French Quebec! We just started our flock, including 5 New Hampshire Reds that are laying now, and 10 White Cornish. We are also raising 2 Children (Lukas-4, and Emma-2), and 2 dogs.

Back
Top Bottom