Canadians check in here....

Hello Milli

Good to see another Islander here!

I have a small flock of silver-pencilled Plymouth Rocks. It is increasing as we chat, because there are 20 eggs in an incubator upstairs and 5 chicks in the downstairs bathroom under a heat lamp. Will be moving these outside this week (with the heat lamp).

Do you have laying hens?

Yes we have laying hens. 6 Delaware and 4 mixed birds. We also have a rooster and girl silkie black in color. Have been giving us a good amount of eggs pretty well all winter. Will do meat birds this summer/fall.

Yes we have laying hens. 6 Delaware and 4 mixed birds. We also have a rooster and girl silkie black in color. Have been giving us a good amount of eggs pretty well all winter. Will do meat birds this summer/fall.

Shooting in a Quebec day care yesterday :( So sad. No children were hurt. Thank the Lord. But really, very sad to see in Canada. 53 children under 5, nice thing for them too see :( Two people dead, the shooter and one daycare worker. We live about 1.5 hrs away. Really hits home, they could be anyones kids, and they all are someones children.
What made me even more upset, people on a blog I read were like oh it's Quebec, it could never happen here.. Really ****** me off, Provinces don't matter. It could be 1 dumb A__ anywhere. At a time like that people were putting down another part of Canada, a part I love. And when I spoke up, I got shot down...
Anyone else touched by this?

Prayers to all those families, and anyone envolved.
A sad day, to me

Shooting in a Quebec day care yesterday :( So sad. No children were hurt. Thank the Lord. But really, very sad to see in Canada. 53 children under 5, nice thing for them too see :( Two people dead, the shooter and one daycare worker. We live about 1.5 hrs away. Really hits home, they could be anyones kids, and they all are someones children.
What made me even more upset, people on a blog I read were like oh it's Quebec, it could never happen here.. Really ****** me off, Provinces don't matter. It could be 1 dumb A__ anywhere. At a time like that people were putting down another part of Canada, a part I love. And when I spoke up, I got shot down...
Anyone else touched by this?

Prayers to all those families, and anyone envolved.
A sad day, to me
AS a representative of all the amazing people in Ontario, to all of the amazing people in Quebec, our hearts bleed for your loss, and your shock and disappointment for having something so horrible happen so close to where you live. This is a terrible thing that just shouldn't happen, and where it took place is irrelavant. As for anyone who makes negative comments, please remember, they do not represent the majority, just as the person who commited this unthinkable crime did not represent the province of Quebec. To tell you to ignore it would be asking something I know I myself would be unable to do. But to ask you to remember that there are somany more of us who think above this mentality, I hope that is something you can do when faced with these insensitive and highly inappropriate comments.

I am sorry to all the families affected by this. I am devastated for all those young people whos lives will be forever affected by this.

Back
Top Bottom