Canadians check in here....

Just outside Winnipeg, MB. It's very cold here so I hope the birds will be ok this winter!

:frow Hi! If you haven't already you'll find various members that have chickens in very cold climates. Of course chicken breed plays a role in their hardiness. Lots of info on winter issues on BYC this time of year if you think your birds will need extra care!

Well from Ontario to Nova Scotia we go.
Just bought a little farm outside of Barrington, anybody else in that area?
We will be bringing our breeding groups of ducks and geese as well as our White Sussex. Will be looking to replace our other breeds this year if anyone is selling!
Wish us luck lol
Best of luck!!! I hope their are other ones the are in your area. Sounds very exciting! Good luck with replacing your other breeds! :)

From central Alberta area around Edmonton
Hi eel
saying-hi-ya-smiley-emoticon.gif
I'm in the Edmonton area too.
Welcome to BYC. Great site, full of information and wonderful people.

Hey everyone!:frow I've got a question/request.

I'm familiar with the products that are available for mites/lice in Manitoba:
Permethrin (Ectiban)
Dusting Powder by Domvet (Carbaryl)
Tetrachlorvinphos

I'm familiar with some in Saskatchewan. I "believe" it's the same as Manitoba.

I know Permethrin is unavailable to the producer in Ontario. A person has to have a pesticide licence to buy/apply this product. Other than that I don't know.

I was wondering if everyone across the provinces could help with compiling a list of what products are available in each province and what isn't available. It would be great to have a list on hand when new producers ask. Hopefully this can be handy for everyone. :)

Last edited:
Everywhere I've looked in the Edmonton area only carries Dusting Powder.

You can also buy the carbaryl as Sevin Dust at a lot of garden centres and Home Hardware. I know that Home Depot doesn't carry it.

As far as I know permethrin is only available as an aerosol spray to be used in horse barns. I believe the product is called Konk.

Back
Top Bottom