Canadians check in here....

How's the little one doing @Arenas Chickens ?

Morning @The Farmers' Daughter! He seems ok. Still a bit sad, I really don’t think he likes the mirror 😕. I’ve finally gotten him to drink, but he won’t do it unless I tell him to and he seems to be trying hard to eat but still isn’t and now it looks like he has ‘pasty butt’. He’s even awful quiet all night. I just woke him tofind his butt all yucky and tried to get him to drink. He’s peeped once, but he just woke up I’m not a morning person either lol. Thanks for asking!! Hopefully Tuesday will bring him some social relief.

Morning @The Farmers' Daughter! He seems ok. Still a bit sad, I really don’t think he likes the mirror 😕. I’ve finally gotten him to drink, but he won’t do it unless I tell him to and he seems to be trying hard to eat but still isn’t and now it looks like he has ‘pasty butt’. He’s even awful quiet all night. I just woke him tofind his butt all yucky and tried to get him to drink. He’s peeped once, but he just woke up I’m not a morning person either lol. Thanks for asking!! Hopefully Tuesday will bring him some social relief.
The sad thing with single babies is your going to have to encourage it to eat regularly. Other than that they won't. Is it getting too warm or cold?

Baby still won’t eat or drink on his own. I’m still spoon feeding him water, but I can’t get food into him. I thought I read some place they like yogurt.... is this true because I’m off to the store shortly and will put it on my list!! I’m afraid he’s getting to hungry 😕

So we do have 25 chicks on the way for him! We ordered from Rochester hatchery for delivery Tuesday! He shouldn’t be lonely with that many siblings lol.... we will be selling some however if anyone is interested, we will have RIRs.
Give him egg. Chopped fine.

Unfortunately this was my first go at starting a flock, so there is only the little one 😕 we do what we can to talk to him, hold him, cuddle him, & show him how to eat & drink. I know Tuesday is far but I’m not giving up on what a little bit of human cuddles can do, my 18 month old gets pretty jealous tho lol. I’m going to put on more videos for him today & hopefully get some more happiness in his heart. What I find amazing to me is that we boost being cowtown & cowboy friendly yet all Calgary has are cowboy trucks lol it took forever to find chicks in the first place 😕. What is a TSC that the states has?

Back
Top Bottom