Canadians check in here....

Hello fellow Canadians.... not sure if there’s a better place than this, but figured we are already in one place here 😁
I’m looking for fellow Canadians instagramers 🥰 I’m following more and more like minded crazy chicken people like myself.
Mine is @jos_fluffy_butt_hutt

Hello I’m from Nova Scotia love it here we are new to chickens and loving our 2 week old chicks can’t wait till they are old enough to lay.
@Johill whats instagramers?
Instagram the social media app, where you post photos. I have an account where I share photos of my animals and things, and I follow others that do the same.

Attachments

• B48D8BC4-59AF-4DBE-BF13-3D22BC7861BB.png
    B48D8BC4-59AF-4DBE-BF13-3D22BC7861BB.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 3
New to chickens, and to this community; from the Kawartha’s, near Lindsay, Ontario. On agricultural land but still in a grey area of the bylaw’s 😬.. but for now all is well and fine, and the neighbours love the new entertainment channel and pest services we installed.
Currently are not entirely sure what we have/breed quality/etc, just approximations or guesstimates from the flocks we have secured eggs from.
4 - BCM/ Olive eggers
3 - Black lace Wyandotte
1 - mystery australorp
4 - barred rock
3 - partridge/ginger? Silkie

All eggs were sourced locally within a few hours drive, and though we have to keep our addiction under control; we are still looking to get other silkies, gold lace Wyandotte, and red lace Wyandotte.. probably way more will be sought, these are just the ones we’ve seen already and would like to try. Once sis in Chatham, ON is done chemotherapy and recover,should be able to grab a few other breeds of silkie and maybe a red lace if they’re producing by then.. and maybe we might snag some quail and more meat wabbits from her by then too!

Last edited:
Ontario regions can be a bit hinky when it comes to their chicken bylaws.... :rolleyes: Favours to Big business and anyone that is a large enough commercial enterprise to grease palms unless you're lucky enough to have a good councilor in your corner, which we do not, in my case.
The kawarthas are a lovely area! And that sounds like a lovely flock! Depending on how far you're willing to drive, there's a good selection of breeds in the province for you to add! Remember, the first one of every breed doesn't count towards your flock total! :celebrate Yay chicken math!

You might want to add your general location into your profile, you're going to be asked quite often for it if you ask for any advice on the forums. Welcome to BYC :)

Back
Top Bottom