Canadians check in here....

Hello everyone!:welcome. How is everyone doing with the Covid pandemic? Did everyone buy or get the chickens or chicks you wanted this year? Shortage in your area? Did you find prices up? Are your this year's pullets laying yet? :caf:frow For me, I pre ordered two new pullets in March. A Bovan brown and Lohman white. Both have been laying every day since I got them in May. Great birds! I also ordered 13 extra chicks from the university program in January as I wanted five new hens. I got some pullets from the bunch! I drove six hours one other day in April to get more breeds. All in all, added eight new hens to my flock! My Barred Rock started laying this month. I hope everyone is staying healthy and having fun with their flocks!!
MVIMG_20200808_131622.jpg
MVIMG_20200713_180932.jpg
MVIMG_20200717_165125.jpg
MVIMG_20200808_131445.jpg
MVIMG_20200812_161124.jpg
MVIMG_20200823_185349.jpg
MVIMG_20200812_152532.jpg
MVIMG_20200821_180000.jpg

Hello everyone!:welcome. How is everyone doing with the Covid pandemic? Did everyone buy or get the chickens or chicks you wanted this year? Shortage in your area? Did you find prices up? Are your this year's pullets laying yet? :caf:frow For me, I pre ordered two new pullets in March. A Bovan brown and Lohman white. Both have been laying every day since I got them in May. Great birds! I also ordered 13 extra chicks from the university program in January as I wanted five new hens. I got some pullets from the bunch!

You have beautiful birds!
I just wanted Australorp pullets or barred rocks tbh but the latter are 20$ and up and the former... I wasn't sure about the seller. He had ads for coops as well as birds and claimed the coops' capacity were double what they should be which made me suspicious of the conditions the stock were in.

And with Covid chicks were selling fast.
In the end I got free Australorp and Orpington mixes though so we'll see!

Hello everyone!:welcome. How is everyone doing with the Covid pandemic? Did everyone buy or get the chickens or chicks you wanted this year? Shortage in your area? Did you find prices up? Are your this year's pullets laying yet? :caf:frow For me, I pre ordered two new pullets in March. A Bovan brown and Lohman white. Both have been laying every day since I got them in May. Great birds! I also ordered 13 extra chicks from the university program in January as I wanted five new hens. I got some pullets from the bunch! I drove six hours one other day in April to get more breeds. All in all, added eight new hens to my flock! My Barred Rock started laying this month. I hope everyone is staying healthy and having fun with their flocks!!View attachment 2341576View attachment 2341578View attachment 2341586View attachment 2341587View attachment 2341589View attachment 2341591View attachment 2341595View attachment 2341600
Love your birds. I found it hard finding chicks or layers. The feed stores and hatchery were sold out. I had to get mine off Kijiji. I have one CCL (lost the other one :(), 3 Australorps, 4 mixed EE's (2 are roosters), and 3 laying hens(1 EE, 1 speckled sussex mix and one unknown breed). The 6 pullets have not yet reached laying age. It is hard to get any interesting breeds up here.

We finally got our fencing for the run that we ordered in the spring. I have a patchwork temporary run right now. Hoping to get the new one built before the snow comes.

Love your birds. I found it hard finding chicks or layers. The feed stores and hatchery were sold out. I had to get mine off Kijiji. I have one CCL (lost the other one :(), 3 Australorps, 4 mixed EE's (2 are roosters), and 3 laying hens(1 EE, 1 speckled sussex mix and one unknown breed). The 6 pullets have not yet reached laying age. It is hard to get any interesting breeds up here.

We finally got our fencing for the run that we ordered in the spring. I have a patchwork temporary run right now. Hoping to get the new one built before the snow comes.
Covid delays too? My run was built really oddly because the only hardware cloth I could easily access was only 2ft high - I got the last roll in stock - I don't think there was anything else for months! I'm trying to build a movable run and that's been quite an ordeal too.

You have beautiful birds!
I just wanted Australorp pullets or barred rocks tbh but the latter are 20$ and up and the former... I wasn't sure about the seller. He had ads for coops as well as birds and claimed the coops' capacity were double what they should be which made me suspicious of the conditions the stock were in.

And with Covid chicks were selling fast.
In the end I got free Australorp and Orpington mixes though so we'll see!
Thank you and glad you did get some nice breeds on the end! Yes, birds were expensive! I paid 15.00 a chick for my blr wyndotte!

Back
Top Bottom