Canadians check in here....

Hey everyone,

I've been lurking here for a while and since I've just ordered my first chickens I figured it was time to say hi.

I'm in Bonfield, Ontario (near North Bay). I'd love to hear from anyone near me. :)

-Teoti
Welcome Teoti! I'm not exactly near, but I'm in the same province, and I do have family in both Mattawa and North Bay, so I know the area at least! And I'm crossing my fingers on getting back up that way sooner rather than later if I can find a Magical Miracle delivering Rainbow Princess Unicorn.

What kind of breeds did you pick up? Chickens are such a rewarding experience.. I'm pretty sure I prefer the company of my flock these days over other... company these days!

(Sorry about the late reply, BYC stops notifying me about this thread every once in a while)

Hello! My name is Sarah, I live in Brant, On. Our family just picked up our first ever chicks a week ago. We have 17. 2 barred rock, 3 Azure Blue, 2 Colombian rock, 4 Rhode island red all bought from Frey’s. Then we purchased 6 additional chicks from a local, 4 Orpingtons- 2 lavender and 2 buff (although one doesn’t seem to be a buff) and 2 Australorp. All of the ones from Frey’s are pullets, the other ones are more of a mystery. I find myself on this forum a lot so decided to introduce myself.

Hello! My name is Sarah, I live in Brant, On. Our family just picked up our first ever chicks a week ago. We have 17. 2 barred rock, 3 Azure Blue, 2 Colombian rock, 4 Rhode island red all bought from Frey’s. Then we purchased 6 additional chicks from a local, 4 Orpingtons- 2 lavender and 2 buff (although one doesn’t seem to be a buff) and 2 Australorp. All of the ones from Frey’s are pullets, the other ones are more of a mystery. I find myself on this forum a lot so decided to introduce myself.
Hi Sarah! Welcome :) We picked up many of the same from Freys too. They're almost 4 weeks old now, growing like crazy. There is so much information on here it really helps us 'newbies'.

Welcome! Nice mixed flock!!

Back
Top Bottom