Candeling eggs.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chick1043, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Hi, I'm new to hatching eggs! Today is day 17 (last day) and candling today. How much movement should I see? Thanks. :)

2. Sumatra503

Sumatra503 Kozy Orchard Farms

Sep 24, 2010
    Chances are you will see only a dark egg. Shine the light near the large end of the egg and you will see the outline of the air sac and possibly a couple of veins. If you have a really powerful candler you will see fairly large babies who will have a moderate amount of movement.

3. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Okay, thanks!

4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I agree with Sumatra, you won't be able to see much movement during this period of the incubation. [​IMG] Best of luck on your hatch! Hope you have an AWESOME hatch rate!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

~ Aspen [​IMG]

5. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

I agree with Sumatra, you won't be able to see much movement during this period of the incubation. [​IMG] Best of luck on your hatch! Hope you have an AWESOME hatch rate!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

~ Aspen [​IMG]

Thanks! I am trying to hatch six eggs! First time I candled (7th day) five of the embryos were all moving. Number six I wasn't sure on because the air sac was to the side and it didn't look like the rest. Second time I candled (14th) air sac was the same but I could tell something was in there! I candled yesterday and I saw movement in it! Hopefully it will survive! ^_^​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by