Candeling Muscovy’s duck eggs - are they dead?

Oh sorry! Duh 🤦🏼‍♀️
I'm sorry about your eggs! The air cells are definitely saddled. It looks like several of your eggs at least started to develop, but then quit. Do you see any movement in them? It looks like a couple could be alive, but I'm on a phone so it's a bit hard to see. They would be very behind development-wise though. Have you checked your incubator temp with a calibrated thermometer?
I'm guessing that they're all duds/early quitters, but you always want to be absolutely sure before tossing them.

I'm sorry about your eggs! The air cells are definitely saddled. It looks like several of your eggs at least started to develop, but then quit. Do you see any movement in them? It looks like a couple could be alive, but I'm on a phone so it's a bit hard to see. They would be very behind development-wise though. Have you checked your incubator temp with a calibrated thermometer?
I'm guessing that they're all duds/early quitters, but you always want to be absolutely sure before tossing them.
Hi thank you for replying. There is no movement that I can see. The temperature read liver on the thermometer inside the incubator that on the digital read out on the incubator. The humidity does fluctuate but I keep an eye on it.
I guess they still have 2 weeks to go so I’m hopeful I might get 1 xx

Hi thank you for replying. There is no movement that I can see. The temperature read liver on the thermometer inside the incubator that on the digital read out on the incubator. The humidity does fluctuate but I keep an eye on it.
I guess they still have 2 weeks to go so I’m hopeful I might get 1 xx
Do you have your own separate hygrometer and thermometer?

Do you have your own separate hygrometer and thermometer?
I have a digital humidity monitor. I have a digital thermometer. I don’t have a calibrated thermometer- I will get one ASAP.
- thank you for your advice. So sad these babies have quit. I was so attentive with turning and checking.
Last time I just left them mostly and they hatched fine. 😕

I have a digital humidity monitor. I have a digital thermometer. I don’t have a calibrated thermometer- I will get one ASAP.
- thank you for your advice. So sad these babies have quit. I was so attentive with turning and checking.
Last time I just left them mostly and they hatched fine. 😕
I would listen to MGG. Much more experience in hatching over there. Give them a few more days.

There are many factors that can cause a hatch to go wrong.

Back
Top Bottom