candled eggs again what you think.

also i can see veins in the one you said you were sure is clear lol.
Then the pics are not showing a true pic, because post #2, that egg (in pic) shows nothing. The other's, like I said show developement in my opinion, just not a day 17 developement, unless candling from the top (the best way to truely tell) shows a better pic.

well they are brown eggs to begin with so hard to see anyway and even harder to take pictures cause the pictures dont give them justice i can see things in the eggs then take pictures and cant see it. i can see veins in that picture but guess i know where to look.

well ive been candling bout every day and they look different then they did so makes me believe there progressing.

Then the pics are not showing a true pic, because post #2, that egg (in pic) shows nothing. The other's, like I said show developement in my opinion, just not a day 17 developement, unless candling from the top (the best way to truely tell) shows a better pic.

I agree, these don't look like they should for being at day 17. You would not be able to see anything but the air sack. Hmmmm.....

You're getting a little defensive. You asked.
That being said, it's hard to get a picture to translate what you are seeing in person. You are also candling like I do, and it's not as easy to do as a real candler. At 17 days the eggs should be mostly dark. If you have the egg sitting on top of a toilet paper or paper towel roll, try to block as much light from coming under the roll as you can. That will illuminate the outside of the egg, making it very hard to see the inside. Doing it that way, I actually have better results looking through the fat end of the egg, just like you are. Try twisting the roll a little tighter so that the egg is sitting just on top of the roll. If you blockas much light from coming around the rooll as you can, you should be able to see the air sack.
Or, you could just wait it out, keep your fingers crossed, and quit worrying
smile.png

These are 3 different eggs they are brown i think rhode island reds

Please i need someone to say something

there all pics of the same 3 eggs lol so dont understand some do and some dont lol
I think you need to stop playing games. First you said they were all different eggs. Then, after begging for someone comment, you argued about the answers you got and said they're all the same egg. If these are day 17 eggs which they may or may not be, they are quitters. (I'm not sure what you mean by, "I didn't start them till late so maybe I'm wrong on days". Started them late at night? Late in the year? What?) The first three pictures look like they have blood rings to me. Whatever the case may be, you need to figure out what day you're on so you can quit candling them and lock them down if it's time. Even if they are on day 15 or 16, they should be darker. Here is an excellent link in the Learning Center on what they should look like at certain stages of development.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/candling-pics-progression-through-incubation-of-chicken-eggs

Yours don't look like anything after the Day 14 pic.

First of all in not playing games there are 3 different eggs so all those pictures are the same 3 eggs.late at night lol late in year wouldn't have nothing to do with being wrong on days.

First of all in not playing games there are 3 different eggs so all those pictures are the same 3 eggs.late at night lol late in year wouldn't have nothing to do with being wrong on days.
I apologize - I misread your statement that they were the same 3 eggs. I took it as the pictures were 3 pictures of the same egg. Now I'm reading it as they were the same 3 eggs as the first pictures? So sorry. As for the time of day that you set the eggs. It doesn't matter what time of day or night you set them. Day 1 isn't until 24 hours after they have started incubating. So, if they were set late at night, it was probably still Day 16 instead of 17. No biggie, but the eggs still aren't developed enough for that timeline. I'd still let them incubate the rest of the time, just in case. Are these the only 3 eggs you are incubating?

Back
Top Bottom