1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Candled eggs at 5 days

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickenmama22, Oct 10, 2007.

1. chickenmama22

chickenmama22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2007
    Oh, I had so much fun candling eggs today. They are 5 days old and they were shipped from Texas to NJ last week. A LOT of them are looking good! Here's one that I photographed. I just looooove candling [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have 30+ in the incubator. I think I'm hooked [​IMG]
    Nancy

Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
  2. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    looks like a good egg to me .and yes you are hooked

3. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Someday.Somehow.Somewhere............. I WILL candle eggs...... I am so afraid of losing some..........I won't even start....... someday.somehow

4. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    Looks terrific!

What color eggs are they? What are you using for a candler? Wow.. hope I can see as clearly!

Meghan

5. chickenmama22

chickenmama22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2007
    Quote:I think that one is a white egg, probably a Blue Andalusian, but I'm not sure.

I used a standard, cheap Walmart/Home Depot flashlight with good batteries in a dark room. I cup my hand around the egg and the light to focus it. I'm wondering what I'll be able to see with one of those really high-powered flashlights... hmm, add that to Christmas list [​IMG]

I marked the eggs yesterday and I saw something (veins) in 21 of the 30. I'll keep checking the others along the way. I'm really happy as these were shipped 1/2way across the country!

Nancy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by