Candled Some of the Shipped Eggs Today...

That is a slide projector turned so the beam points upward. I use a washcloth with a small hole cut into it to drape over the beam to concentrate it and it's very bright, a 300 watt bulb, I believe. Before that I used an even older one till the ancient bulb melted, LOL.

Oh, I have one of them. I can't wait until next Tuesday thats my 10 days. Could I candle before that? It's only been 4 days today no I will wait until next Tuesday. This is my second time I thought it would be easier. Nope.
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif

Jody's eggs are here! Thank you, Jody, for the extras! None broken, either, in spite of a little side trip they apparently took from PA to NJ, of all the weirdness! Why the heck did they go to NJ????
barnie.gif
At least my mail carrier, Mike, bless his heart, called this morning to say that "Your future chickens are here."

LOL, yeah, Mike is a good guy. The very first time I got eggs in the mail, I made a big deal of them calling me to come pick them up rather than having them bounce along these mountain roads, so he called when they arrived and didn't even identify himself. The first words out of his mouth were, "This is yo' egg man." He chuckled about the words, LIVE EMBRYOS on one of the boxes. I don't think he really understands why I want to pick them up and inconvenience myself, but he calls anyway. Now, if I talk to the other guy in there, he'll tell me they don't call anybody and they dont hold just packages. I'm going to bribe Mike with fresh eggs from now on to keep on doing exactly what he's doing.

Back
Top Bottom