Candled tonite...not sure. Need help

fishinchicken

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 19, 2010
SWVA
So I candled tonight and I am not sure what I've got. I want to hope that the light I had was not bright enough but IDK. I put the egg in the whole of the coffee can just the way it was sitting in the turner...skinny end down. When I shine the light it looks like a darker ring about mid way up and then even darker at the top of the egg. What does that mean? I didnt see any veins or anything just darker. I set the eggs on March 6th but had temp. problems on the 8th and 9th. I'm gonna leave them but just wondered if anyone had wisdom to pass on. Thanks.

It might. Test it by shinning on your hand, if you cant see it then its not bright enough. Ive even turned a lamp over and cut a hole in a box then put the box over the top of the lamp.

I'm gonna go try it again. Should I leave the egg in the same position it is setting in? I shouldn't turn it over or anything, Right?

I was having difficulty candling my brown eggs. Using a toliet paper/ paper towel cardboard tube in a completely dark room really helped. I had a mag light at the bottom end and held the egg against the top end of the tube. I could see chicks growning even in my dark marans eggs. 46 out of 48 eggs set to hatch Monday. Yeah!!
smile.png

I'm so jealous....this is my first hatch. My hubby bought me an incubator when my hens finally started laying. I'm pretty sure they are fertile eggs. I've seen the roosters being social with all the girls.

Good luck with your hatch.

Back
Top Bottom