candleing eggs

Quote:
Well if you really want to see something, I wait 10 days. I know that there are people that candle after 3 or 5 days. But IMO I think it's better for the eggs to be left alone. If you wait 10 days you will be surprised at what you see.
wink.png

have you ever thought about the way a mother hen does it, she never candles, does not have water in nest to humidify and leaves nest/eggs to eat,drink,other and still hatches out most of her eggs. i'm thinking about just putting eggs in incubator without water,with turner and not candling and see what happens, i've done this and my first chick out of the batch just emerged, hatching seems to be o.k. with this test run. good luck with your candling.

Last edited:
Quote:
Well if you really want to see something, I wait 10 days. I know that there are people that candle after 3 or 5 days. But IMO I think it's better for the eggs to be left alone. If you wait 10 days you will be surprised at what you see.
wink.png

When I was allowed to have an incubator I just left the little bugers alone until day 12.

This way i knew if I was going to have a good hatch.

You can take out the incompleted eggs/non fertile ones and leave the good ones to hatch out.

Day 18 is another mile stone. You can CAREFULLY candle and then leave the eggs in the bator to hatch. You have to remove them from the turner anyway.

The less you candle the better the hatch you will have.

Back
Top Bottom