Candleing went bad what can i do

Jaspacouts

Hatching
11 Years
May 11, 2008
ok so i just candeled my 3 day old eggs and i dont think ive got anything in them alot of speckles all over the egg which i read was a humidity issue idk so can someone help me and give me advice. should i keep the eggs in anyways??? also ive been having some trouble keeping the gauges at a constant temp and humidity iss that the reason????

Eggs shouldn't be candled til day 7, thats when you will see veining and the embryo..not before unless your an expert candler...I don't candle til day 7 and I've hatched 100s of chicks...I certainly wouldn't throw them til after you candle again at day 7 and 10 even...

Still early for your temps & humidity so don't give up on those...just get them back to the temp range for your bator and try for 40 to 50% range for your humidity day 1 thru 18.....

Last edited:
I'll second that...

http://lancaster.unl.edu/4h/Embryology/embryophotos.shtml

Unless you have a really strong light, you're not going to see much of anything until day 4 at the earliest, and then if your temps are a little low, you STILL won't see anything. Wait until 7 days... better yet, 10-14 days. Any that are still clear then won't be doing anything for you...
wink.png

And here I thought I was impatient!!!
lol.png

well its not that im impatient its just that my levels have been so up and down i was nervous nothing was happening and i read that u can candle and see results at day 3 so 100 degrees and 40 - 50 humidity

Just joshin' ya...
wink.png
it's so hard not to candle every day. How long are you waiting after tweaking the gauges before tweaking them again? Sometimes it takes a couple of hours for it to stabilize. Not exactly sure what your situation is like from your first post... what's it doing now?

Dont feel to bad yet.

Although I candle at day 3, you can see veins on lighter eggs with a strong light.

But DEFINATELY hold on to them and recandle at day 7!

Good luck!

Unless you know what you are looking for and/or have a very strong light, I wouldn't bother candling till day 7. I personally don't toss till day 14 even if I can see them on day 3 as a speck in the egg. I think what you are seeing now is just the shells porosity.

Check again in a whole week before thinking anything is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom