Candling Day 12 Duck Eggs...FREAKING OUT

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kikidee, Jun 15, 2011.

1. kikidee

kikidee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    San Clemente
    I am going into a nervous break down..

i went to the beach today and realized I needed to turn my eggs at 3 so i called my mom and told her to. she turned them, I'm not sure how exactly, because when i came back they were mostly on the 1 side (i marked one side 1 and other side 0) but some were in the middle and I asked her about this and she said "oh I didn't know you had markings on their for a reason". OH MY GOD, so I turned them all to the 0 side and I am so scared this will affect the hatch.
    I only have 7 eggs at the moment and I candled them while I was turning them. About 4 or maybe 5 look almost like the shape of a duckling and are kicking about inside the egg, and the others look weird. One looks like a giant black mass that isn't moving, and another looks like a large black ball that isn't moving. Are those dead?

Any advice or anything, I'M ALL EARS.

2. brahmapapa

brahmapapa Chillin' With My Peeps

Don't fret over one missed or deviated turning, it will have little effect in the end. Reset them to all being the same way and go back to your regular turning schedule. Amissed turning while important usually will not have much effect. As for the unusual look of the two developing eggs, give them some more time but watch them closely, if they smell bad discard them so they don't explode in the incubator and spoil the other eggs. Im glad that you see movement in the others. Best of luck with the hatch.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  3. kikidee

kikidee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    San Clemente
    Quote:Ah, thank you. Glad to hear some positive reinforcement :)

4. Saltysteele

Saltysteele Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    MI
    agreed. this will not be an issue

5. matthew_quigly

matthew_quigly New Egg

Jun 16, 2011
    Hello...

I Just Recently Hatched A Nice Batch Of Muscovie Eggs And There Were A Few Days That I Worked And Had Noone To Turn Them Until I Got Home In The Evening And They Hatched Vert Well And The Hatch Rate Was Close To 90 %. If That Helps You Any...dave

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by