horsechick

Songster
12 Years
Nov 14, 2007
Eaton, Ohio
Hello everyone,
Hope all of you are warm and dry!
Nasty weather here!

I was wondering if someone can post pics of things gone wrong with eggs during incubation.
I know of one website with some info but wanted to see if anyone had other photos too.
Blood rings? what do they look like?
Clear eggs?

We have some in incubator, I tried to candled, but they are brown, must give them til 10-11 days? I can see an "air pocket" on the tops of them?

Any and ALL help appreciated!!!!
Thank you!
Angela

Well... this is all I have online for bad eggs of mine...

A clear:

infertile.jpg

And a blood ring:

died%20about%20day%203.jpg

I am breaking picture size rules on those two since I don't have the small versions uploaded... I may link them later.

Here is a good brown egg on day 6 laid by a production Red. The egg to the left was similar to the egg with the light. The brown eggs are "light" brown compared to others:

brown%20egg%20Small%20600.jpg

Darker brown eggs were like this:

eye%202%20Small.jpg

I use an LED upgraded Surefire 6p flashlight to candle. To give an idea how powerful it is... here's the light though my fingers... you can see my veins...

fingers%20Small%20600.jpg

The first two pics were taken using a special fiberoptic light... and this is what it did through my hand .

Was wondering if those surefoot g2s would candle dark eggs? Or can someone reccomend one that would work for dense/dark eggs. Want to get a better candler. That one seems to work really well. Mine doesn't even work that well on light eggs. hahahaha. Thanks Sharon

I have marans and welsummers and it does a "fair" job on them. I can see a little veining sometimes, but about the only thing I can see for sure is the air cell size.

Silkie you have excellent candling pictures. I saw your other ones on a diff thread. I have eggs in the old Brower 'Scary Bator' and I'm going to have to have something to candle soon. All I have at home is cheapo flashlights. I was going to buy a LED surefire, but there were so many to choose from....I didn't know what would be the best to get.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom