Candling eggs is part of the most enjoyable part.

bluejeans

Songster
7 Years
Jul 25, 2012
New Mexico
No need to candle eggs untill day 5 .. After Day 5 you will easly see if your eggs are fertile. Than candle a week after that up untill that last crucial 4 or 5 days. The cooling of eggs during candling does not matter. It may even be helpful for duckling embryos . you can learn a whole lot by candling your eggs. And you can remove dead embryos before their eggs explode and make a mess over other eggs in incubator.(

I don't like to disturb until ten days because of the developing veins. They get a little sturdier after a week has passed

If your eggs are brown, you're not likely to see anything until at least a week has passed. Some green eggs are impossible to reliably candle until they hatch.

I don't like to disturb until ten days because of the developing veins. They get a little sturdier after a week has passed

If your eggs are brown, you're not likely to see anything until at least a week has passed. Some green eggs are impossible to reliably candle until they hatch.
I did not know that about some green eggs. Why do you think that is?
Candling is my favorite part next to watching them actually hatch :D I'm candling today actually! Super excited!
No need to candle eggs untill day 5 .. After Day 5 you will easly see if your eggs are fertile. Than candle a week after that up untill that last crucial 4 or 5 days. The cooling of eggs during candling does not matter. It may even be helpful for duckling embryos . you can learn a whole lot by candling your eggs. And you can remove dead embryos before their eggs explode and make a mess over other eggs in incubator.(
Candling is my favorite part next to watching them actually hatch :D I'm candling today actually! Super excited!
Great i hope you have loafs of fun and the best hatch ever .

I did not know that about some green eggs. Why do you think that is?
Honestly, I don't know why. I think it may have to do with the double factor of having a blue shell and a brown coating. I had one olive egg last year that I wasn't sure actually had a chick in it until it hatched!

EDT: Actually, I'd be curious to hear if anyone's ever candled a Marans Egg (six or better) and has pictures.

What should I see... the actual embreo? Mine just have like a darker shade the longer in the incubator the more shadow... I have a Ovascope... but I don't get it... maybe I don't have anything fertile ...whah. I have 8 turkey eggs I got off eBay that are suppose to be fertile so we'll see.... I hope.

Back
Top Bottom