Candling help on day 7.

JDGreene

Songster
Oct 18, 2018
Tennessee
I candled 24 eggs. Never done this before. I only have one clear one. The eggs are sitting upright and I turn them 5 times per day.

When I shine the light down on the egg (through the air cell), they look like they have stretch marks and/or veining. When I twist the egg around to trace the air cell, I see what looks like a booger floating in liquid. I assume this is the embryo but I don't see it with all of them, maybe half but I didn't count them.

When I shine the light up through the egg, the bottom half of the eggs looks clear and the top half being darker. I thought there would be veins or something in the bottom half of the egg.

Does every thing about this sound ok?

I candled 24 eggs. Never done this before. I only have one clear one. The eggs are sitting upright and I turn them 5 times per day.

When I shine the light down on the egg (through the air cell), they look like they have stretch marks and/or veining. When I twist the egg around to trace the air cell, I see what looks like a booger floating in liquid. I assume this is the embryo but I don't see it with all of them, maybe half but I didn't count them.

When I shine the light up through the egg, the bottom half of the eggs looks clear and the top half being darker. I thought there would be veins or something in the bottom half of the egg.

Does every thing about this sound ok?
Sounds good! What day are they on? The bottom (pointy end) doesn't fill in until almost hatch day. Be careful turning them, it's very easy to detach the embryo, which is obviously then fatal.

Also here are my air cell markings. Day 0 and day 7 is marked. How do they look?

AC.jpg

On day seven the embryo is starting to set further away from the shell, so it's normal to not always see it. You should be able to see it twitching in at least some of the eggs tho. Your air cells look fine too.
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200607002405871_COVER.jpg

There's an old day 7 of mine. If you're lucky, when you candle them again on day 14 you might be able to see a foot or two, days 14-16 are pretty cool for that!

Back
Top Bottom