Candling photos and stages of development- info compilation (pics!)

bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

Could you be any more awesome?!?!?!
woot.gif

christina

Quote:
are you in a high elevated area?? If so this supposedly causes it. I am in a high elevated area (on the top of a mt on the side of a valley yes in that order) LOL my GCs are the only birds laying and their eggs are VERY porous and i feed oyster shells and game bird/chicken crumbles

It makes sense from whati've read, higher elevation, less air, so the egg compensates for more porous shells to get more air flow into the egg.

This may very well be true... though I have to admit, my Dorking eggs are more porous than the other girls' eggs, and even the ones I had shipped in tended to be porous, so I wonder if it's breed dependent, too...
hu.gif

I dont have any candleing eggs but I have photos of some chicks on day 23 I opened that was under my broody that seemed to quit sometime along the way.

Would these be of any help?

Here is some of my quiters they had died somewhere along the way in incubation under my broody. I had opened them on day 23 and as i was looking them over they had white skin when they should have had black skin because they were silkie chicks.
Also the yold had not been asorbed at all. Also the chick was very slinder and tiny.

SDC10474.jpg

SDC10475.jpg

SDC10473.jpg

SDC10472.jpg

It looks like they might have quit at about day 15 or so...
hugs.gif
It is always disappointing when that happens, but it can be a learning experience, too. Did you ever figure out what happened?

i think it had to do with temps and humidity. This girl had began laying and hiding eggs and went broody in November on 11 eggs. So I just let her go with it. My roo picked off 4(I rehomed him for eating my eggs) Can't have a egg eater....Out of the 7-3 was rotten I tossed those leaving her with 4 eggs on day 23 when nothing hatched I checked the eggs 1 i was unsure of 1 looked good so I put those 2 back and I opened the other 2 and found the quitter chicks. I think with the temps going up and down might have done it. The last 2 eggs 1 hatched and is a healthy 2 month old chick and the other I was unsure of was another quitter. The one chick that hatched didnt hatch till day 26. So thats what made me believe it had something to do with temps and Humidity.

OH Shucky-dern, I most DEFINATELY have a blood ring then, although mine did have veining for the first 6 or 7 days, but not seeable anymore. And I also have 3 that are more porous than the one shown a few pictures up. So 12 minus 3 porous(non fertile-no-veining), minus 1 blood ring, minus 1 who stopped growing at maybe 4 or 5 days. That leaves me with really only losing 2 at this time. So if these 7 hatch what would be the hatch rate % ? Do you factor in the non-fertile ones ?TIA Jen
smile.png

My temps are staying at about 99-100.5 and hunidity is 50-55. It's a consistant bator for sure.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom